Gov. Wolf is trying to push HB 2344, though while everyone is focused on his shut down of the state Pennsylvania House Bill 2344 is a step in the wrong direction. If this gets passed it will be a huge step in disarming Pennsylvania citizens. Guns are useless without bullets.
The fact this is being smoke screened by Covid-19 hysteria makes it difficult to get people’s attention. House Bill 2344 is a Gun Control Bill that tries to limit access to ammunition. H.B.2344, if passed, goes into effect like this:
- You will be required to apply for a Ammunition Purchase Authorization Permit
- You will apply for this permit through the Pennsylvania State Police which costs $50 and you have to renew your permit every 4 yrs
- It will take 30 days to process your permit and background check
- It will track all of your ammunition purchases and it gives the state the right to revoke your ammo permit at any time
- Every ammunition purchase will include a $3 tax that will go to Pennsylvania Firearm Instant Record Check Fund
- You can’t purchase ammunition from out of state without transferring it to a licensed dealer first
- You can order ammunition online but it will be against the law to deliver it to your home. You can do online orders but it must be delivered to a licensed dealer 1st
An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for definitions, for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms, for sale or transfer of firearms, for Pennsylvania State Police, for firearm sales surcharge, for Firearm Records Check Fund, for retail dealer required to be licensed and for licensing of dealers, providing for ammunition purchase authorization permits, establishing the Ammunition Safety and Enforcement Fund and providing for transporting ammunition into this Commonwealth.